The resorbable magnesium
alloy for scaffolds
MeKo - competence in contract manufacturing
of stents and vascular implants
Properties of RESOLOY®
- a bioresorbable
- „leaving nothing behind“
- adjustable degradation time and mechanical properties
- MRI compatible
MeKo capabilities for Mg-scaffolds
- laser cutting
- electro polishing
- heat treatment
- coatings for degradation adjustment
- X-ray marker
- degradation testing
- support for scaffold registration
Tubing in stock
Ø 2,20 mm x 0,160 mm (Ø 0.087“ x 0.0063“)
Ø 3,15 mm x 0,215 mm (Ø 0.124“ x 0.0085“)
Other tubing dimensions upon request.
- favorable in vivo results for Resoloy® coronary-scaffolds
- degradation analysis ex-vivo with computed tomography and SEM/EDS
- OCT/QCA analysis
- Synchrotron investigation
Degradation Test Lab
- simulated blood circulation
- controlled flow rate, pressure, pulsation and temperature of circulation
- blood substitute solution for standardized tests: PBS, SBF, ...
- accelerated in-vitro degradation tests
- fast and reproducible evaluation of degradation
- monitoring and visualization of degradation process
- prediction of in-vivo degradation behavior
Resoloy® Fabrication Process
Study Confirms Functionality of the Magnesium Alloy RESOLOY®
Extensive in vitro and in vivo tests have been performed for a scientific study on the degradation of vascular scaffolds (bioresorbable stents) made from the RESOLOY® magnesium alloy.
The results confirm that the degradation time of RESOLOY® can be adjusted thanks to a double coating of fluoride and polymers. A significantly slower degradation is achieved in vitro compared to the Magmaris®.
An additional advantage is that RESOLOY® degrades with no residue. The animal tests confirm the in vitro results from the test laboratory and demonstrate that RESOLOY® is highly biocompatible. The results of the published study demonstrate the high degree of safety and efficacy of the alloy.